Virtual Quarterly Meeting Draws Big Crowd
The PDCA of South Carolina Chapter has been able to get an answer to a question shared by many in the construction association world; "can a Chapter that has a strong tradition of regular, live meetings host an event that is 100% virtual?" The question was answered with a resounding "yes" after the February 4th Quarterly Meeting of the Chapter.
Based on a widespread, positive response to the initial meeting announcement, then more than 85 participants accessing the two-hour meeting and technical presentation through the Zoom platform, it was clear that the paramount function of a Chapter executing meaningful engagement with its members is possible through a web-based format. While a live, in-person event which brings important networking and social interaction in addition to general meeting components and a presentation, is a preference for many who participate in Chapter functions, ongoing health concerns have forced the pivot. And South Carolina's PDCA Chapter has successfully pivoted.
The event took place from 3:00-5:00 PM EST on February 4, 2021. Using technical and organizational resources from the PDCA national office, Chapter President Jason Moore convened more than 85 Chapter members and other friends from the Southeastern U.S. region for a business meeting followed by a popular technical program (which provided PDH credit). Presenter Mohamad Hussein (pictured), EVP and Principal Engineer with GRL Engineers, gave a 90 minute program entitled Dynamic Pile Testing: Basic Principle, Capabilities and Effective Applications. Thanks to generous sponsorship, this program was offered to participants at no cost.
If you are involved in a PDCA Chapter and are interested in learning more about resources available to you to host a virtual program, please contact the PDCA offices.
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- A Pile of News - March 2021
- Women In Construction: SHE 'Gets it Done' for Goettle
- First PileDriver of 2021 Now Available; Read it Here!
- Can a Chapter Host Successful, Virtual Event? 85+ say 'Yes,' attend PDCA SC
- IFCEE 2021 Registration Opens Monday, February 15th
- First Installment of 2021 Education Webinar Series a Success
- A Pile of News - February 2021
- Logo Apparel, Proprietary Education Resources Available
- Committee Involvement, the Frontlines of Industry Leadership