The first of two Deep Foundation Dynamic Testing and Analysis (DFDTA) courses took place in Orlando, Fla., March 1315. Thirty-one attendees and 25 test takers were present for the three-day workshop. The DFDTA course has been offered for many years as a joint program between PDCA and Pile Dynamics, Inc. The course is typically offered in early spring in Orlando, Fla., and late fall in Cleveland, Ohio. Occasionally, the course will be offered in a third location to meet industry demand. The DFDTA course presents the one-day seminar "Deep Foundation Integrity Testing and Wave Equation Analysis," followed by the two-day workshop "High Strain Dynamic Foundation Testing." On the third-day of the course, the "Dynamic Measurement and Analysis Proficiency Test," a 90-minute, multiple-choice exam that covers the theory of wave mechanics, case method (PDA) equations, data quality assessment, data interpretation and basic CAPWAP analysis, is offered.The next DFDTA course will be offered in Cleveland, Ohio, Sept. 1113, 2019, and registration is open on the PDCA website. An early bird discount with $50 off both the seminar and workshop registration fee will be offered until Aug. 9, 2019.
- Moore Begins Presidency; New PDCA Officers, Board Members Seated
- A Pile of News - January 2020
- Contracting for Faster and Less Expensive Dispute Resolution
- Construction Career: John Peirce, Peirce Engineering, Inc.
- Pacific Coast Chapter Awards Four Scholarships
- A Pile of News - December 2019
- PDCA of South Carolina Awards "Mac" Nigels Scholarship
- A Pile of News - November 2019
- New Chapter launched at The PDCA Florida Georgia Blitz
- Capacity Attendance at Gulf Coast Chapter's Engineers Conference