NE Florida Chapter Initiative: February '20 Industry Luncheon in Jacksonville
February 7, 2020
Jacksonville, FL: Buoyed by a strong construction sector in a rapidly growing area, the Pile Driving Contractors Association continues efforts to re-establish a Chapter presence in Northeast Florida. Identified as a 'Chapter Initiative,' the organization hosted local contractors, affiliated engineers, industry manufacturers, suppliers and distributors for a buffet luncheon at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park hotel on Jacksonville's southside on Friday, Febrary 7, 2020. Attendees spent time networking prior to listening to a short presentation from PDCA Executive Director Frank Peters who discussed the value to the pile driving industry that an active, local chapter can provide. He indicated that while the PDCA national office is available to provide chapter infrastructure and support, it is important that a leadership team consisting of local practitioners in the industry assumes the role of directing chapter activity. Peters announced that PDCA will host the second 'Chapter Initiative' luncheon at the World Golf Hall of Fame banquet facility on May 19, 2020 in St. Augustine, FL. Registration for this event can be completed when you click here.
The February 7th event was made possible through sponsorships from Jacksonville pile hammer supplier and manufacturer PVE Equipment USA and industry supplier Equipment Corporation of America which maintains a large field operation in Green Cove Springs, FL.
- COVID-19: Legal Resources from PDCA Law Firms
- 2020 DFDTA: Pile Testing Technical Seminar Concludes
- Spotted: PDCA Members at CONEXPO - CON/AGG
- PileDriver magazine: From the Ground Up - a Career Story
- PileDriver magazine: Managing the Unmanageable
- A Pile of News - March 2020
- PileDriver magazine: Taking Better Project Photos with your Smartphone
- Spotted: PDCA Members at 2020 ASCE GeoCongress
- Pacific Coast Chapter "Annual Schloarship Shoot," April 17
- New Chapter Officers in South Carolina