Working Platforms - Recommended Industry Practices
A collaboration of deep foundations industry partnters ADSC, DFI and PDCA
The industry-wide Working Platforms Working Group (WPWG), a collaboration of ADSC, Deep Foundations Institute (DFI), and the Pile Driving Contractors Association (PDCA), announces that the newly published Recommended Industry Practices for Safe Working Platforms for Construction Equipment guide is now available. This document is the product of several years of work and input from individuals and companies representing all facets of the foundation construction arena, including safety specialists, contractors, engineers, and equipment manufacturers and suppliers. The purpose of the document is to present an administrative procedure to institutionalize a straightforward method that ensures safe Working Platforms are in place for foundation construction equipment. This document also serves as a suggested framework by which allocation of responsibility can be communicated and determined long before work is performed on the job site.
PDCA extends its sincerest appreciation to the Working Platforms Working Group for their dedication, time, and effort, to produce this essential document. Their efforts will help make the deep foundation industry a safer place to work.
We also thank our partners, ADSC and DFI, for the significant contributions and support. It is genuinely appreciated.
PDCA members can download this vital publication from The PDCA Store free of charge. Click here to visit The PDCA Store, or click the image on your screen that depicts the guide book Please contact the PDCA office if you need any assistance logging into the website.
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- PDCA Pursues Member Growth, Expanded Resources in '21
- DOWNLOAD: Working Platforms Recommended Practices Guide
- A Pile of News - January 2021
- Meet Kevin Gourgues, the 2021 PDCA President
- Become a PDCA Member for 2021
- PileDriver Magazine: Harry Robbins, A Career Story
- PileDriver Magazine: Gwen Sanders, P.E., A Career Story
- PileDriver Magazine: Issue #6, 2020
- Outgoing PDCA President Moore Takes New Role for 2021