Charleston, SC (November 14, 2019): The thirteenth recipient of the coveted "Mac" Nigels Scolarship is Cadet Hunter Hutton (pictured below), a sophomore at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. The annual award is presented to a civil engineering student from The Citadel who, according to his/her professors, demonstrates strong character, integrity and grade point average. Cadet Hutton currently maintains a 4.0 GPA and receives both a commemorative plaque and a $2000 monetary gift. He was presented his award by Scott Nigels (pictured, right), son of the late McLeod "Mac" Creighton Nigels during the PDCA of South Carolina Chapter's Quarterly Dinner Meeting at the Town & Country Inn in Charleston on November 14th. Nearly 60 practitioners in the pile driving industry attened the event. "Mac" Nigels was a highly respected civil engineer in Charleston following his 1955 graduation from The Citadel; the Chapter has honered him through the scholarship program every year since 2007.
In other business at the Dinner Meeting, Dr. Steven C. Jaume from the College of Charleston presented "Getting Under the Surface of the Charleston Peninsula to Predict Earthquake Ground Motion." Chapter members were updated on planning for the Annual Oyster Roast which will take place January 17th at Palmetto Pile Driving. Additionally, they received updates concerning the biennial PDCA of SC Driven Pile Technical Seminar to be held in March; it is that event which helps make the "Mac" Nigels Scholarship available each year.
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- Announcing PDCA 2020 Virtual Committee Day, Coming Dec. 10th
- She's the First Female to Win South Carolina's 'Nigels Scholarship'
- PPP Liquidity Questionnaires Are Out; Here is Guidance for Consideration
- A Pile of News - November 2020
- Gulf Coast Chapter Hosts Skeet Shoot
- PileDriver Magazine: Issue #5, 2020
- Employee Retention Summit for Manufacturers
- COVID Protocols in Place, SC Chapter to Meet in November
- 'Working Platforms' Update Delivered to Piling Industry