If you haven't already, carve out 30 minutes to view the broadcast on YouTube; you'll hear Dr. Petek explain a fascinating driven pile project on which she worked to design a foundation for large diameter piles to be driven to depths of 120-140 feet. She recalls that despite the contractor installing the piles with a hammer smaller than specified, the dynamic testing was near-perfect.
It's an enjoyable segment in which she also describes her unique entry into the deep foundations industry while at the same time recalls her years at the University of Michigan. To access the full podcast in it's video version, please CLICK HERE.
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- Thatcher Foundations marks 75 years building the Midwest
- Foundation Testing and Analysis Workshop, Proficiency Test Coming Nov. 3
- SPOTTED in Vegas: PDCA members at DFI conference
- INVITATION to the 2021, ASCE Buchanan Lecture
- Crane Operator Qualifications, Focus of NCCCO Nov. 11 Forum
- Northeast Chapter hosts 'Meet & Greet' at Top Golf
- For 75 years, A.R. Henry, Inc. has been building New Jersey
- A Pile of News - October 2021
- Virtual DICEP '21 attendees give $7000 to New Orleans hurricane relief