Annual pdca event, Delivered as Webinar, a success in virtual format
October 2, 2020: September was a busy month when PDCA offered several virtual education opportunities, including the annual Design & Installation of Cost-Efficient Piles (DICEP), known this year as Virtual DICEP 2020.
The program was delivered over the course of two weeks; the first segment provided attendees a thorough examination on Steel Sheet Pile, featuring presentations from David Chapman P.E. of Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman, Inc. and Gerry McShane of Service Steel Warehouse. This took place on September 16th and 17th from 3:00 5:00 PM EDT each day.
The next week, Virtual DICEP 2020 focused on Wave Equation. This too was delivered over two days, for two hours each day on September 23rd and 24th. Ryan Allin, P.E. of Pile Dynamics, Inc. gave a background on the subject matter and hosted workshops on specific components.
Nearly 90 professionals from North America and Europe attended Virtual DICEP 2020, including Jennifer Brandt, P.E. (pictured) of Peirce Engineering, Inc. in Phoenixville, PA. Ms. Brandt said; "PDCA's Virtual DICEP program was an excellent opportunity to stay connected with other PDCA professionals and reinforce my knowledge of Steel Sheet Piling and the Wave Equation. The presenters were engaging, and the presentations were very informative. I look forward to the next PDCA Virtual opportunity."
Thank you to our sponsors for Virtual DICEP 2020 which include; Pile Dynamics, Inc., Lester, Palmetto Pile Driving, Inc., and Service Steel Warehouse.
PDCA is pleased to announce that DICEP returns in 2021; it is expected to be a live event scheduled for September 15-17 in New Orleans, LA. Please watch your inbox for new details as they become available, or visit piledrivers.org.
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- PileDriver Magazine: Issue #5, 2020
- Employee Retention Summit for Manufacturers
- COVID Protocols in Place, SC Chapter to Meet in November
- 'Working Platforms' Update Delivered to Piling Industry
- Virtual DICEP 2020, an "excellent opportunity"
- Skeet Shoot/Chapter Meeting - PDCA of the Gulf Coast
- A Pile of News - October 2020
- PileDriver Magazine Legal: 30+ Years in Construction Law
- PileDriver Magazine: PDCA Past Presidents in the Round