The forthcoming Edition 4 of PileDriver Magazine will feature detailed articles on all 2019 winning projects. Due to the occurrence of IFCEE in 2018, Project of the Year winners from that year were also recognized during the PDCA awards luncheon. Those companies are:
- Legacy Contracting
- Blakeslee, Arpaia, Chapman
- Corman Kokosing Construction
- Balfour Beatty
In addition to the Project of the Year awards, the PDCA 22nd Annual Conference also recognized members who have displayed notable industry leadership. Those distinguished members follow:
- Past President Plaques: Dave Chapman of Blakeslee, Arpaia, Chapman and Larry Moore of Geostructures, Inc.
- Committee Chair of the Year: Pollyanna Cunningham of International Construction Equipment
- Associate Member of the Year: Gerry McShane of Service Steel Warehouse
- John T. Parker Jr. Industry Ambassador Award: John King of Pile Drivers, Inc.
- Professional Engineer's Service Award: Scott Webster of GRL Engineers, Inc.
- Presidential Award for Distinguished Service: Stevan Hall, retired Executive Director of PDCA
The Annual Conference programming included three keynote presentations focusing on different aspects of the pile driving industry. The presenters and the subjects they addressed included:
Other programming offered during the three-day event included several hours of accredited courses for pile driving and geotechnical engineering engineering practitioners to learn about the latest issues and trends in the deep foundations industry. A preconference short course, Pile Driving Inspections, was made available to attendees and other interested parties by faculty members Mohamad Hussein, P.E., GRL Engineers, Inc. and Gerry McShane, Service Steel Warehouse. There was a Companions Program available to the significant others of PDCA members. And more than 40 attendees participated in the annual golf outing. See the Conference video. More event photos and the list of winners from the golf outing will be included in the next PileDriver Magazine.
- Marty Fiorentino, President of The Fiorentino Group presented 'Legislation and Advocacy in Pile Driving Industry: Are you at the table or on the menu?'
- Billy Camp, VP of S&ME, Inc. presented 'A Geotechnical Practitioner's Case for a Foundation Design-Construction Continuum'
- Richard Hartman, Owner and Principal Engineer, Hartman Engineering presented 'Sheet Piling - Past, Present, and Future'