Charleston, SC (November 9, 2023): The South Carolina Chapter of PDCA names Cadet Caden Leckelt as 2023 recipient of the prestigious "Mac" Nigels Scholarship. A Junior at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, he currently carries a 3.90 GPA as a Civil Engineering Major and expects to graduate in Spring 2025. Mr. Leckelt comes to The Citadel from Oak Harbor, WA; as a student, he is a Gold Star Recipient, a member of ASCE, and a member of the Boxing Club. Several of his classmates attended the award ceremony at the 4th Quarter Dinner Meeting of the PDCA South Carlina Chapter, which presents the award. New in 2023, the amount awarded for the Nigel's Scholarship was raised to $2,500.
During a special segment of the final 2023 meeting for the SC Chapter, board member Scott Nigels and son of the late McLeod "Mac" Creighton Nigels introduced Cadet Leckelt to attendees and presented him the award consisting of a commemorative plaque and the monetary gift. The annual scholarship dates back to 2007 and is presented in the name of "Mac" Nigels who was a highly respected civil engineer in Charleston following his 1955 graduation from The Citadel.
Dr. John Ryan presents the Chapter a technical program
entitled 'Axial Load Limits on Prestress Concrete Piles'
- President Kent Parker of Parker Marine Construction, Inc.
- VP Jordan Houston of Cape Romain Contractors, Inc.
- Sec./Treas. Andrea Edwards of Koppers
- Past President John King of Pile Drivers, Inc.
- Board Member Jim Challenger of Consolidated Pipe & Supply
- Board Member Greg Canivan of S&ME, Inc.
- Board Member Jason Moore of Palmetto Pile Driving, Inc.
- Board Member Simon Ghanut of The Citadel
- Board Member Ric Anderson of Gerdau North America
See who was SPOTTED at the capacity meeting: