If you haven't already, carve out 30 minutes to view the broadcast on YouTube; you'll hear Dr. Petek explain a fascinating driven pile project on which she worked to design a foundation for large diameter piles to be driven to depths of 120-140 feet. She recalls that despite the contractor installing the piles with a hammer smaller than specified, the dynamic testing was near-perfect.
It's an enjoyable segment in which she also describes her unique entry into the deep foundations industry while at the same time recalls her years at the University of Michigan. To access the full podcast in it's video version, please CLICK HERE.
- PDCA Announces 2024 Officers and Board of Directors
- A Pile of News - December 2023
- New in '24: No Dues Required for Qualifying Personnel from Govt., Academia
- First FREE Regional Networking Reception of 2024 is Jan. 10 in Orlando
- Verble Elected to Lead Texas Chapter in 2024; Continued Growth is on the Agenda
- PDCA Takes a Pile-Drive Through Maryland
- Regional Networking Event in Baltimore Draws Enthusiastic Crowd of Pile Drivers
- EDPI Seminar Delivers Two Days of Pile Driving Education From Expert Panel
- Citadel Cadet Awarded, Expert Presents, '24 Officers Named at SC Event
- Gulf Coast Chapter Hosts Q4 Dinner Meeting in Biloxi