PDCA Engineers Driven Pile Institute (EDPI)
November 15-16, 2023
registration is open!
Driven pile foundation content in current undergraduate curriculums can be somewhat limited. The Engineers Driven Pile Institute or EDPI, is geared toward engineers with 2-10 years of experience with the primary goal of providing these engineers with additional tools to recommend, design, specify and/or inspect driven pile foundations. The 2-day program offers 15.5 PDH's of in-depth instruction on current driven pile foundation design and construction practices.
- Jerry DiMaggio, P.E., D.GE, Senior Principal Civil Engineer, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Pat Hannigan, P.E., President Emeritus, GRL Engineers, Inc.
- Van E. Komurka, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Senior Engineer, GRL Engineers, Inc.
Who Should Attend?
Geotechnical, structural, or construction engineers, as well as other professionals involved in the design, construction, inspection, testing or specification of driven pile foundations.
Benefits to Attendees:
Upon completion of the EDPI seminar, participants will be able to:
• Select an appropriate driven pile type and section applicable to the subsurface conditions and loading requirements.
• Identify appropriate design methods for single piles and pile groups.
• Evaluate the suitability of pile driving equipment, installation aids, and procedures.
• Recognize key driven pile specification requirements and plan details.
• Explain driven pile inspection procedures and inspection records.
• Interpret static and dynamic load test results and associated load transfer information.
• Overview of Design and Construction (ASD/LRFD)
• Geotechnical Information Needed for Deep Foundation Design
• A Deep Foundation Comparison: Driven vs Bored Pile Foundations
• Considerations in Deep Foundation Selection
• Driven Pile Types and Pile Type Selection
• Pile Driving Accessories
• Overview of Geotechnical Design for Axial Compression, Tension and Lateral Loads
• Overview of Geotechnical Design of Driven Pile Groups
• Time Effects Soil Setup / Relaxation
• Pile Driving Equipment
• Wave Equation Drivability Check for Constructability
• Geotechnical Report Content for Driven Pile Foundations
• Contract Documents and Specifications
• Wave Equation Analysis
• Dynamic Pile Testing
• Static Load Testing
• Use of Load Transfer Data to Validate or Modify Design
• Pile Installation Inspection
Registration is open for the inaugural PDCA Engineers Driven Pile Institute!
1739 West Nursery Road
Linthicum, MD 21090
PDCA will hold the conference at the Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel, and a discounted lodging rate of $149/night is available for all attendees of the conference. Attendees are responsible for making their own reservations. PDCA does not use a housing or room reservation service for its events. There are only two ways for you to make your hotel reservations:
By visiting the Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel online - CLICK HERE
By calling the Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel at (410) 694-0808 and providing our Group Name: Pile Driving Contractors Association