PDCA 2021 Education Webinar Series #4
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
July 7, 2021
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
An Integrated Computational and Experimental Study of Driven Pile Set-Up in Soft Clay
Brent Guthrie, Director of Projects, Cajun Industries, LLC
Chad Held, Eustis Engineering
This presentation will summarize Cajun and Eustis' efforts, alongside LSU and PDCA, in performing a research test pile program at Cajun's facility in Port Allen, LA. This presentation will communicate the background of the project, selection of the pile types and the results of the program.
• Understand soil set up of driven piles in soft clays
• Compare individual pile capacity vs. group capacity
• Observe lateral displacement due to pile installation
• Evaluate radial effects of pile driving
• Understand group pile loading distribution
Utilizing Soil Setup in the Chicago Metro Area
Travis Coleman, M.S., GRL Engineers, Inc.
Elvis Ishimwe, PhD, GRL Engineers, Inc.
This course is designed for Contractors, Geotechnical Engineers and Structural Engineers, Architects, Owners, Inspectors, Supervisors & Crew; anyone affected by and /or involved with driven piles.