Charleston, SC (January 16, 2020): At the annual Strategic Planning Meeting for the Board of Directors of the Pile Driving Contractors Association (PDCA), Jason Moore (pictured below, left) of Palmetto Pile Driving (Charleston, SC) began a one-year term as President of the Association. Immediate Past President Scott Callaway (pictured, right) of Cajun Industries (Baton Rouge, LA) ceremonially transferred the gavel to his successor as the PDCA leadership began its two-day workshop. Joining Moore and Callaway on the Executive Committee for 2020 are Vice President Kevin Gourgues of Patriot Construction and Industrial, LLC (Baton Rouge, LA), Secretary Brian Heck of Richard Goettle, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH) and Treasurer Scott Webster of GRL Engineers, Inc. (Charlotte, NC). PDCA Executive Director Frank Peters rounds out the Executive Committee.
Continuing members of the Board of Directors are: Rich Anderson of Equipment Corporation of America (Aldan, PA), Rob Braden of Nucor Skyline (Springfield, VA), Doug Keller of Richard Goettle, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH), Kustaa Mansfield of Pacific Pile & Marine, L.P. (Seattle, WA) and Emmett Waggenspack of Coastal Contractors Co., LLC (Baton Rouge, LA)
Four new members of the Board of Directors were seated at the annual event: (pictured below, left to right) Herbert "Buck" Darling, III of Herbert F. Darling, Inc. (Tonawanda, NY), James Dempsey of Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman, Inc. (Bridgeport, CT), Greg Canivan of S&ME (Charleston, SC) and Diane Fisher of Pile Dynamics, Inc./GRL Engineers, Inc. (Cleveland, OH).
PDCA is a non-profit organization representing pile driving contractors, geotechnical and civil engineering affiliates and associated suppliers and manufactures. The international trade association advocates the increased use of driven piles for deep foundations and earth retention systems. PDCA serves its membership in these key areas:
- promotion of driven pile solutions in all cases where effective
- support for educational programs on the design and efficiency of driven piles and improvement of installation procedures
- encouragement and coordination of research to improve the reliability, usefulness, and cost effectiveness of driven piles
- establishment of a larger voice for contractors in the implementation of procedures and standards for all aspects and uses of driven piles
- Coronavirus Safety Best Practices
- PileDriver Magazine: Issue #5, 2020
- Employee Retention Summit for Manufacturers
- COVID Protocols in Place, SC Chapter to Meet in November
- 'Working Platforms' Update Delivered to Piling Industry
- Virtual DICEP 2020, an "excellent opportunity"
- Skeet Shoot/Chapter Meeting - PDCA of the Gulf Coast
- A Pile of News - October 2020
- PileDriver Magazine Legal: 30+ Years in Construction Law
- PileDriver Magazine: PDCA Past Presidents in the Round